Friday, November 13, 2009

Pizza Thosay, anyone?

The waiter apologized to me for the almost 35 minutes wait to have my order served.

"We are sorry, as the oven was not working properly while preparing your order." explained the middle-aged man who served me.

"Well, it's OK..." replied a weary-looking me after a day of long hard work chasing the national team in their preparation for their crunch qualifier.

As I suddenly had an urge to have some thosay for my dinner (having skipped my lunch for the day), I decided to head down to Syed Alwi Road's Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Restaurant (pictured below).

And so when I asked for thosay, I was being recommended the counter cashier to try their latest dish to offer - Pizza Thosay.

"It'll be ready in FIVE minutes." said the cashier after I made my payment.

Nonetheless, I was too tired and hungry to protest why the kitchen broke their promise until the waiter apologized.

So I went on to savour my new-styled Thosay (not those conventional type) that was prepared in a shape of Pizza, with ingredients such as those found in your typical Italian pancake but minus those meat (as I was having my meal at a vegetarian restaurant).

I chanced upon this outlet years ago while hunting around for a place to fill up my stomach with a colleague and saw us having our dinner settled in this eatery opposite the famed Mustafa shopping center.

Since then, whenever I'm around this part of Singapore I would make it a point to have my meal there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POhui, I have something to add

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

(C)2009-2010 Ko Po Hui

All Rights Reserved.